Come January, only students with face masks would be allowed entry into schools in Anambra, education commissioner, Prof. Kate Omenugha said in a statement on Thursday in Akwa.
The state government had earlier announced January 11 as the resumption date but pushed forward the date due to a new directive by governor Wille Obiano, Ms. Omenugha said.
The government emphasised that no student or teacher would be allowed into any school compound without a face mask, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
The statement said: “The Ministry wishes to reiterate that the earlier directives on guidelines for the resumption of schools subsist and must be followed strictly.
“Consequently, all schools are once again directed to observe all the COVID-19 prevention protocols as stipulated in the guidelines.
”Note that no child or teacher is to be allowed into the school compound without the face mask. School infirmaries are requested to rise to their responsibilities of ensuring regular temperature check of all entrants into the school compound, among others.
“For the avoidance of doubt, schools are advised to refer to the earlier circulated guidelines for the resumption of schools. All should be guided accordingly.
”Please help the education family and the state government to keep the second wave of coronavirus away from our schools.”